Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:

> I don't like the idea (a shortcoming of X, it seems) of having to logout
> of my session to switch between the discrete and integrated GPU.

I don't know anything about the "pain and suffering" with the Dell, so
this should not be construed as a suggestion to reconsider.  But X is
able to handle multi-headed setups, so I would guess that the
shortcoming here is not of X, but of the window manager, which doesn't
know how to move whole desktops across displays.