Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:21 PM, CL wrote:
1.  Can anyone confirm / deny the rumors I seem to remember about
McAfee, before I go through my ZD and com.com archives again?

2.  Does anyone have an opinion about McAfee vs Avast! vs something else?

I've played with 1.6, 2.0, and Ice Cream Sandwich in a VB and think I am
conversant with the basics of the Android OS.  I have not found anything
else in the AV / Web Security apps lines that I like better, but I am
willing to look.

Funny thing about security software (or virus scanners) is that if it does its job, you never really know that it's working. So, I think it's a matter of picking one you like and then sticking with it until it fails on you and then you move on to something else and vow never to look at it again.

In my case, I'm stuck with Norton. I have Windows machines (yes, unfortunately...) and many, many years ago, Norton did something right. It's been so long, I can't remember what it was... Since then, I've been using it for my desktop.

And I ended up using the same thing for my Android phone. Don't know if it's doing a good job, though...

Ray