Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

I currently use Toshiba Dynabook R731/W2UB, but the current model is R731/39EB
http://dynabook.com/pc/catalog/dynabook/120123r731/index_j.htm?utm_source=dynabook_top&utm_medium=left_navi&utm_campaign=r731

It "only" has 2 cores (4 threads), 8GB RAM and one drive (128MB SSD),
but is also slim and light and has long battery life (add an extra
battery if you care). Get the docking station for home use to avoid
disconnecting cables.

I got it for eSATAp and USB3.0 since I move a lot of data (digital forensics).

Most everything works fine under linux (Gentoo, now with linux-3.3,
but 2.6.30 was OK).
Built-in WiMax is giving me trouble (stops working about 30 seconds
after connection).
It has VGA and HDMI, I guess they can be used at the same time (never tried).

On the other hand, I don't use much graphics (just a lot of big
terminals) or play games.

I use this machine for most of my home and work needs, run VirtualBox
if needed (or sometimes bare Win7) and my "desktop" is slightly
becoming server...

Cheers,
Kalin.