Re: [tlug] You guys okay

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 22:35, Mark Scheck <markscheck@example.com> wrote:
>> Just saw the news about another earthquake out there.
> earlier). It was less than the 2011-03-11 one according to my
> earthquake sensor array (set of pendulums with different lengths and
> weights hanging from the ceiling).

I have to admit, before I ever set foot in Japan, I thought it was
strange that they use both the Richter and "Shindo" systems and the
latter is what you see in the news flashes on tv.  But now I'm happy
that Japan has that many sensors and can report values for the
"Shindo" system down to even the ku-level.  It helps simplify things
for the average person since you often want to know what was actually
felt and not what was at the epicenter.

2011-03-11 was much worse than yesterday's (in terms of numbers; I'm
not there).  That one had towns with the maximum level of 7.  (I saved
a PDF of the reading...)

Would be nice if Western media gave these values out too...

Ray