[tlug] About git revert without commit

Hi All.

A little git question: why when I revert a commit without creating a new commit, (using "git revert -n")
afterwards when I do "git diff", I don't see the reverted changes?
If there is no commit, they should have been seen as a diff, don't they?

If see the changes themselves in the files, btw, so the work was done...
Also, doing "git reset --hard" revert the revert. and that is OK.

I just want to know why the revery does not show in the diff...

Shmuel.