Re: [tlug] Gazing up and to the left: LXDE and Covering Border in Others

Scott Robbins writes:

 > I think someone else already posted how to do it in KDE

I doubt there's any such thing (of course, I could be wrong :-),
because this is going to be very WM-specific.  And of course even in
an otherwise KDE or GNOME environment, "We are aware that you DO have
a choice of window managers, and we thank you for using twm today!"

 > --I would think (not sure) that most window managers enable you to
 > set a position for an app--

Sure, but the problem is "how?"  And "is it convenient?"  (Eg, editing
the pseudo-XML that's all the rage is not my idea of convenience.)
This is going to vary dramatically across WMs.

 > not sure about desktop environments--the way it seems these days,
 > most DE developers seem to feel their users would prefer having
 > less choice.

I think that's not really the problem, although they may express it
that way.  The problem as I see it is that although the users want
choice (and the DE developers know it!), the UI to implement that
choice is hard to come up with.  `xmessage "RTFM"' won't do!