Re: [tlug] Gazing up and to the left

Charles,

(nice introduction, I really liked it :)

> I followed the Sensei's recommendation, and finding something about
> --geometry, was able to succeed in starting some (but not all) X
> apps up in other places than the upper left corner on a case-by-case
> basis. But the Sensei can't help me any further than this. And while
> there were examples on the web, nothing that goes beyond the man
> page.

I think you can not find more help there because the position of the
windows is not decided by X but by your Windows Manager. With GNOME,
you probably use the Metacity Windows Manager. With GNOME 3, it's
Mutter.

I'm afraid I can not help more, but I am pretty sure the settings are
there.

--
Nicolas LIMARE
http://nicolas.limare.net/                         pgp:0xFA423F4F