Re: [tlug] how to put japanese in beamer?

Hi Miles,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Miles Colman <mcolman@example.com> wrote:
> Hi tlug,
> I put a question on the tex site of stack exchange for how to put japanese
> in beamer. It seems to have gotten simpler, but for beamer, as far as I can
> tell it's still not as simple as just putting japanese text in a tex and
> processing it with xelatex.
> here's the
> question: http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/43215/best-way-to-include-some-japanese-text-in-a-beamer-presentation

I am not sure if this will be of help to you since my setup is a bit
different.  For example, I use powerdot for my slides and process it
with latex (pdfTeX).

In the source, I put:

\documentclass[orient=landscape,style=aggie]{powerdot}

\usepackage{CJKutf8}
\begin{document}

\begin{slide}[bm=]{Test}

\begin{CJK}{UTF8}{min}
日本語
\end{CJK}

\end{slide}

\end{document}

You're suppose to put the \begin{CJK}...\end{CJK} around Japanese
text, but there is no harm putting it once around your entire
document.

Of course, you need to save your source document using UTF8 encoding.

Hope this helps!

Ray