Re: [tlug] defending a personal server from attacks

> Your best bet really is to firewall the netblock.

With a note to self to unblock it a week later. Or you'll be utterly
stumped when in 6 months email isn't arriving from just one client.

In fact, unless the hacker is specifically targeting you, they'll have
moved on to the next victim before you've even noticed. (*)

I've never regretted my decision a few years back to move email off of
my home/office server and on to a large ISP. Mail is just so much work
to maintain.

Darren

*: If the hack worked, or showed a weakness, then that is a
different matter...