[tlug] Do we still need vendors' ICT services ???

I am in UK this week
and I've got a nice product of Western Digital
after an PC world store adviser recommended to buy this one.

http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

Now I've suddenly noticed that we do not need rugged PCs and servers,
CATV, cloud and data hosting services by ICT vendors, broadcasters,
and movies and music industries any more.

It seems the time is changing
and every person can share files and stream music and videos each other
by building his/her own cloud without any high skills.

Do we still need big ICT and media businesses in the near future?

Sotaro