Re: [tlug] KDDI vs. NTT for Land Line Internet Access

Lyle H Saxon writes:
 > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

 > I do wish there were more technical specifications available
 > regarding the technology we rely on, but if it works, I guess it
 > isn't worth worrying about details too much!

Well, for mission-critical stuff you need to worry.  It's just that
consumer products are by definition not mission-critical.[1]  That
doesn't mean they're not good enough, just that you're on your own in
verifying whether they are -- or aren't.

Footnotes:
[1]  You can always go borrow your mother-in-law's stuff tomorrow,
right? :-)