Re: [tlug] KDDI vs. NTT for Land Line Internet Access

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> This applies in a special way inside of large organizations, which
> construct their own truth structures.  Mostly this works pretty well,
> despite the discomfort I and other foreigners tend to feel with it.
> Eg, Toyota automobiles and SONY radios received well-deserved
> reputations for quality in the 70s, not "in spite of," but *because*
> of corporate myths about their products that everybody in the
> organization subscribed to.  Eventually KDDI and Softbank and NTT will
> construct a social truth about the quality of Japanese networks and
> the quality will be adjusted to that.  We just have to wait. :-)

Very interesting concept.  Thanks for writing that out - I hadn't ever
thought of it in those terms before, but that makes sense.  I do wish
there were more technical specifications available regarding the
technology we rely on, but if it works, I guess it isn't worth
worrying about details too much!