Re: [tlug] Fan Slowing Down Processing?: Empty Heat Pipes? How Hot Are Different Places?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 01:09:29 +0900, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

> On 12/29/2011 12:54 AM, jep200404@example.com wrote:

> > Did the heat sink have (perhaps empty) heat pipes?
>
> http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?Idx=277
>
> Picture. Ten thousand words.  Etc.  It was installed on an AMD Athlon
> X2, which is on the compatibility list.

That looks nice. The curved heat pipes are interesting.
I am wondering about defects (not design).
How hot does the plate that touches the CPU get?
How hot are the heat pipes, far from the CPU?
It's OK to stall the fan for a few seconds for access.

How does orientation affect how hot those things get?