Re: [tlug] Recovery (for Small Values of Recover)

> On the minus side ... and where I need help ... Ibus.  I installed Ibus,
> Ibus-anthy, and Anthy from the command line. ...

I've attached my IME setup notes (this was for Ubuntu 10.04, gnome)
below, in case it suggests a step you missed.

Darren

IME

Apparently 'ibus' is installed by default.
Added:
   ibus-anthy

Then go to language, and choose IBUS as the IME.
Then go to system|preferences|ibus, and it will offer to start the daemon.

It says to add these to ~/.bashrc:
  export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
  export XMODIFIERS=@example.com
  export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

Then in IBUS preferences, input methods tab, find Japanese->Anthy in the
dropdown, then choose add. (by default just English is in there)

CHINESE/ARABIC

Go to System|Preferences, IBUS
First add "ctrl" to the zenkaku selection. (Otherwise I keep knocking it
accidentally!)
Then Input Method tab, and "select an input method". Find Chinese -
pinyin. Then click Add. Note: this is just for pinyin (e.g. type "a1" to
get "ā")
Repeat and choose Chinese - py. This one seems nice, as you can write
"ni" then space, then "hao" then space. I.e. it works a bit like a
Japanese IME. And no need to know the tones.

Then again, arabic and there is only one choice: Arabic - kbd.