Re: [tlug] Light to control over Wifi

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 01:09:03 +0900
Martin G <ebisumartin@example.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the wifi-controlled relay
> option is too expensive at over 200 US$, and The Xbee also seem to be
> about 150 US$.

I doubt that you get any cheaper with any option you try.
The problem is, you need real hardware of low-volume
(ie productio < 1Mio pcs/month) kind.

If you can solder and program, i think the cheapest possible
solution is to use an old PC with parallel port (or probably
an USB parallel port converter) with wifi (usb dongle?).

Solder some small driver electronics to connect LEDs (or anything else)
to the parallel port and write some small code to controll.

I think, with this you can get under 50USD, probably even under 20USD.
But it requires knowledge in soldering and programming. And quite a bit
of time (which also costs money)

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?