Re: [tlug] Light to control over Wifi

Taisuke, Schmuel,

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the wifi-controlled relay
option is too expensive at over 200 US$, and The Xbee also seem to be
about 150 US$.

The bluetooth thing is at least cheap, and I probably could do
something with bluetooth connectivity... but...

I don't even understand what I'm looking at with any of those things,
except to say that it looks like I'd need to be an electrician to hook
any of them up to... something.

The last suggestion, to use a radio controlled power switch...
actually, truth be told, I've already explored the option. It works
okay, I guess, but it lacks the configurabiltiy I was hoping for. I
can turn a light on and off, but if I go even one step further with
timers or other colour lights, then it's kind of hard to set up and
too bulky for easy transport (being that I need to carry them in one
bag on a bike).

What I was kind of hoping for was some kind of ready made device that
either is a light or can have lights plugged into it. Or a screen.
Something where I can focus on interface protocols, and not on
soldering irons.

So, I guess there's nothing like that?

--
Dave M G