Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:05:08 +0900
CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

> I am still not seeing iBus + Anthy icons in my toolbar ... and had my
> whining about it universally ignored.  I continue to be the poster child
> for the "I keep repeating the on site directions and they still continue
> to not work." school of programming.  The assigned switch works ... sort
> of ... but I can't see it switching on or off.

I've experienced the same on a friends ubuntu. I know scim, i know how
to setup IM's but i couldnt get it working. Something was not right
and i couldnt figure out what. The same setup on a debian/testing
works like a charm. So i think that the ubuntu guys broke something
essential.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin