Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

On Oct 19, 2011, at 3:49 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:

> And Apple tries to ensure that even third party applications follow this
> philosophy.

Except that Microsoft and Adobe don't.

> This enables people to build one mental model on how things should work
> which in turn simplifies usage a lot.

Except when you work with Microsoft or Adobe's products.

> Somehow they want to serve the same users as MacOS (hence trying to do
> mirro the same design), but on the other hand they want to serve the Linux
> users, which are a bunch of highly technical and sophisticated people,

We need to define "sophisticated" here ;-)

> who have a strong opinion on how their computer should behave.

OSX users also have a strong opinion on that subject.

Jean-Christophe Helary
fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)
tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune