Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

Its not just Gnome that has become unusable. KDE 4 is just as bad. At
the moment I'm still using KDE 3.5 on Debian Lenny on some machines,
and LXDE on Squeeze on others. LXDE works about the same as you would
expect if you knew it was lighter than KDE and Gnome, but using it
makes me pine for the days when KDE and Gnome were useful.

I'm disappointed with the number of times people appreciate MacOSX on
this thread. Come on people, a one button mouse, no delete key, and
when you click the red cross it backgrounds the app, rather than
closing it. And where is the structured menu that allows you to launch
apps from their categories? There is just that panel at the bottom
that fills up semi-randomly. How can you call this good design?  The
only time I enjoy using a Mac is when I get to type linux shell
commands in the terminal and they work.

If we wanted our Linux to be like Mac, we would get Unity, Gnome3 and
KDE4. Oh, wait......

nigel