Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

This morning I got Compiz to work in the "Gnome Classic" session, so
that, plus some other minor tweaks, has put back my interface mostly
to where I had it before. I now have Gnome Classic doing everything my
old Gnome used to do, plus I benefit from the more optimized
Gnome3-Code underneath.

So all good, right?

I'm not totally sure.

Because of the tight integration of the new Gnome3-code with the
Gnome3-shell, and to Unity, I don't know if this "Classic" mode will
be supported or developed. I don't know if this is something I can or
should stick with.

Maybe it can be forked and become it's own thing? If so, that would be ideal.

--
Dave M G