[tlug] Pre-linux problem: How to access BIOS/setup

Went down to Yodobashi and got a new Acer (Aspire M3970) that has Windoze pre-installed.
I almost never use Windoze, and thought I would immediately install Ubuntu and start using
my favorite Linux apps on this machine.

I'm still in Windoze. Can't find a way to access the BIOS/setup, can't boot from DVD, don't
see anything on the monitor after pressing the <power> button until Windoze login shows
up. I've searched the Acer site and the web and so far seen nothing on what to do about it.
The manual totally avoids anything to do with these matters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ralph