Re: [tlug] Possibility to recover a hard disk by swapping control board

Le vendredi 16 septembre 2011, Zev a écrit :
> I could mount it in my laptop again and try the live cd route.
> Or is that going to be a waste of time?

Just plug your disk back in the enclosure first and read bus enumeration using
the live cd.

You disc was underpowered and, when it tried to write or update log, it
probably messed up filesystems. It is really unlikely any hardware (enclosure
or disk) part was damaged.

If your disk is recognized, then you'll become a candidate for Keith's own
query :)

Francois