Re: [tlug] Bitsa Woes

On 9/15/2011, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:12:47 +0900
>From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com>
>Subject: Re: [tlug] Bitsa Woes
>To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>

> More seriously, maybe there is some sort of inductive way to measure
> the current going through the power cord?

Yes, you could use an inductive ammeter/current clamp.
But you can't just clamp over a regular AC flex cord - since the active
and neutral would both pass thru the clamp.  Bit of a hassle to make a
separate cable that breaks out the active and neutral for regular home
use.

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_clamp

For use around the house it is probably easier to just buy a power/watt
meter.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i&url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=%93d%97%CD%83%81%81%5B%83%5E%81%5B&sprefix=%93d%97%CD%83%81%81%5B%83%5E%81%5B

I didn't realise they were so cheap these days...  I just ordered the
Sanwa Supply 'Watt Meter" TAP-TST8

I blame you Stephen J. Turnbull for that 1-click(R)(tm) impulse purchase!

t.