Re: [tlug] Japanese IME entry on phones and Javascript form input

Simon,

Thank you for responding.

I'm not sure the issue is just a matter of a timer anymore. I have
tried extending the timer length so that it would not try to send
anything until I was well and truly done inputting.

It seems that even after I have entered Japanese text, and then
waited, it is still blank.

It seems that the Android doesn't recognize input from the IME at all.

You mentioned that maybe one could check to see if there was something
to send before setting the timer... however, I'm not sure how I verify
there is, in fact, content in a field. It seems to me the Javascript
already does that, as the input is triggered by functions like
onchange().

--
Dave M G