Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

Daniel, Stephen,

Thank you for responding.

I don't think fonts can be the issue. Here's why:

First, I can go to my desktop to access the page, and change the
username to 恵比寿.

Then when I go to my Android, and when I first open the page, the
kanji displays correctly. So this would indicate to me that the fonts
are available and at least possible to display.

However, it is when I then go any kind of transaction that sends JSON
data back and forth that the username becomes munged into
u6075u6bd4u5bff.

So, because the Android can display the kanji correctly at first, but
then munges it after JSON action, I think the problem is not fonts but
some kind of JSON handling issue.

Does that seem reasonable?

--
Dave M G