Re: [tlug] Broken PDF printers and Closed fon spots

>> And what do you suggest as safe fonts for those systems ?
>
> However, instructions from others [1, 2] do mention how to
> embed fonts into the PDF file.  This prevents the viewer
> from substituting fonts, just in case its choice isn't very
> good.  I presume you can't embed non-free fonts...not too
> sure about this.

At last year's TeX-users meetup, I came to learn that

- Font-embedded PDF is the way to go. Goodbye with non-WYSISYG PDF!
- Embedding non-free font is fine - for example, government issued PDF
got (non-free) fonts embedded everywhere nowadays.

This talk was presented by Prof. Okumura who's known for his LaTeX
book (and many other books as well), so I'll just take his word for
granted :-)

Actually, almost all fonts I know so far allows embedding font in PDF,
even for general distribution. However it's only free as a beer, so
usage outside PDF is limited.

See also:
1. FONT LICENSE memo
    - http://www.fukapon.com/showcase/misc/fontlicense.html