Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

On 2011-09-07 at 06:52:20, Jim Breen wrote:
>(a) the server screwed up and sent out that "unnnn"
>coding, despite being told to send UTF-8 (unlikely)

Could the application be written to send numerical code references
instead of direct UTF-8? For example, 恵比寿 might be represented in HTML
as "恵比寿".

>(b) your mobile app. received the UTF-8 ok,
>reversed the transform correctly to get the code-points
>and then was unable to get the fonts, so put out the
>code-point values instead. (more likely).

Is is possible to put the same characters in a text document and view
that with the device? I don't use smart phones very often, so this is a
serious question... it might be worth checking if the device has fonts
available that way.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley@example.com