Re: [tlug] How to detect unwelcome visitors on my macbook?

Am 06.09.11 17:02, schrieb Bkay:
If no services are accessible from the outside (you can always check by running NMAP from another system on the LAN), it will be hard for anyone to take over control of your Macbook....
This morning I also switched on " Stealth mode", don't know, whether I am overdoing things with that, but nmap scanned all ports and reported they are filtered, so I guess I am ok now.

There are always "dial-home" baddies or reverse connections.... for the paranoid I can recommend Little Snitch.
http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html
Interesting to watch what is connecting where, but have not seen anything suspicious yet.

Thanks!
Uli