Re: [tlug] How to detect unwelcome visitors on my macbook?

On 06/09/11 17:42, Ulrike Schmidt wrote:
I have a MacBook running Snow Leopard. Yesterday, when I was taking a
little break from work and leaning back to think I suddenly saw a
movement on my screen. It looked like someone was testing my mouse, but
it lay motionless on the table.

Just wondering...was the mouse moving in one particular direction only; or was it obviously moving toward something on your screen?

I don't know much about Macs or about its security, but I would hope by default that kind of thing is turned off. I mean, we're not talking about someone moving your mouse, but also being able to know what's on your screen...

I've had broken mouses where the cursor is just drifting to one side, etc. You're certain it isn't that?

Windows has that "Remote help" feature which is the only reason I could think something like this could happen. Not sure if Macs have it...

Ray