Re: [tlug] IPv6 on au hikari

On 64/07/23 4:59, Edward Middleton wrote:
On 09/04/2011 04:58 PM, Simon Cozens wrote:
	We've just moved into a new apartment and signed up for VDSL via au. Both the
au service and the router itself (an Aterm BL172HV home gateway) seem to have
good provision for IPv6, and the au web site says that you don't need to do
anything special to get routed IPv6, but I'm not seeing anything: on the
information page, there's a linklocal prefix (obviously) but no global prefix
on the LAN side and no next hop or IPv6 DNS servers on the WAN side.
	Can I get IPv6 on the au hikari VDSL service and do I have to set up anything
special to get it?

I haven't looked at this recently but I believe they only allocate you a
/128 so its not really useful for anything accept receiving iptv.

You get a global-unicast /64, but mansion service is dead-last on the list to get the upgrade (next January).

My HGW and STB have both gotten v6-capable firmware updates pushed to them over the last couple months though.