Re: [tlug] How to make a current running kanji compound list from the news

On 22/07/2011 11:18, Martin G wrote:
> I had a PHP code thing that would search within one body of text, pull
> out words, and create a study list...

Yep, I did one of these too. It grabs pages from Asahi news, uses chasen to
parse sentences and pull out compounds, then tests them against a given JLPT
level, and either produces a glossed version of the text using edict or tests
you on the readings. It would be easily adaptable to make frequency histograms.