Re: [tlug] Disposing of a hard drive: Destroying Platters

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:54:19 +0900, Martin G <ebisumartin@example.com> wrote:

> How do I destroy these (hard drive platters)?

Removing the platters from the drive does enough damage from
one's handling, even if one was not trying to destroy them.
After one removes the platters from the drive, lay them on
brushed (rough) concrete and rub them in a circular pattern
on the concrete. I have always been amazed at people who
treat their music CDs this way.