Re: [tlug] CPU speed: reported vs. actual

> Your first post says that on LINPACK you're getting 40% of what Intel
> claims.  My bet is on "stop wasting your time worrying about whether
> your CPUs are wasting their time". ;-)  Just which weather bureau or
> nuclear weapons lab do you work for, anyway? :-)

To answer you and Attila, my main data analysis/search work is
CPU-bound; if I'm missing a simple configuration step to have it
complete in half the time it is worth an investment of my time to
discover it.

I tried installing and using cpufreq-set as Mattia suggested, with no
improvement; next thing to try is booting into Windows and running
Intel's linpack and some other benchmarks from there.

Darren