Re: [tlug] Git: bring in a file from another branch

2011/7/11 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> Josh Glover writes:
>
>  > I guess "reset" defaults to HEAD^.
>
> No, like everywhere else it defaults to HEAD.

OK, it's good to know that git is consistent. I knew that "show" and
"branch" default to HEAD, which is quite useful.

> That's why "git reset --hard" isn't good enough for Darren, something is committing in the
> meantime.

Well, he described merging a branch into master (with many commits),
then trying to undo it with a simple reset (HEAD), so it was certainly
merge doing the committing. :)

Cheers,
Josh