Re: [tlug] MeeGo? Netvertibles?

2011/6/23 Jawaad Mahmood <jawaad.mahmood@example.com>:

> Windows Mobile is an excellent looking OS - why the pessimism?

I don't know whether Windows Mobile is a good or bad platform, but I
do know that it offers no real benefits over Android or iOS, and is
later to market, so I don't think it will succeed in eroding market
share from either. iOS plus the App Store (the iPhone "platform", if
you will) was disruptively better than Symbian, and it had no real
competition until Android came along. Android was also disruptive in
that it allowed any mobile hardware manufacturer to enter the
smartphone market and compete with the iPhone.

Windows Mobile is entering a market with two strong competitors, and
offers nothing exponentially better. Hence the pessimism.

Cheers,
Josh