Re: [tlug] Faxmodem Configuration

On 06/23/2011 09:03 AM, S Gibson wrote:
I would suggest you take a look at:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Main_Page

Thanks. I have been there before. The unfortunate fact is that it is written in Jargon (it appears to be the West Coast Peninsular Highland dialect) which is a language I do not speak / read and have no interest in learning. I would much prefer a basic presentation. Something like:

You install this.
You write the fax message.
You send the fax message.
You get the answer back by fax.
You print it if you want.
This software is good.

All I want is a program that lets me write my message in the word processor of my choice, select the faxmodem as an alternative printer, enter a phone number, and press the large, friendly red "Send" button. Anything more than that is too much. And Hylafax breaks the simplicity meter right out of the box.

--
CL