Re: [tlug] SOLVED - Re: iBus Setup Problem

CL writes:
 > On 06/22/2011 10:58 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > CL writes:
 > >
 > >   >  Not a *major* issue but I hate it when I have to think about stuff
 > >   >  I could previously ignore.
 > >
 > > The problem with user-friendly distros is that they're only friendly
 > > to *their* kind of user.  Multilingual folks are too rare to give a
 > > flying Mexican f**k about.
 >
 > Sir is forgetting that they have also followed MS in to the mousified
 > desktop and cut away tonnes of stuff that would permit more work without
 > lifting fingers from the keyboard.

Well, I didn't forget.  That's part of not being their kind of user.
I just didn't mention it this time.

None of these distros are about allowing people skilled in the
technology to get more work done.  Microsoft is actually much better
about that, in some sense.  What they're aiming at is allowing people
(who presumably have other skills, though sometimes it's very hard to
guess what they might be) to get a fair amount of work (ie, mass x
distance, note I didn't say "useful") done without becoming skilled in
the technology (and preferably without even noticing that there is a
technology there).