[tlug] Pentesting/network security market in Tokyo

Hello all,

I'm a military type stationed down in Yokosuka and heavily involved in
network security assesments (especially 802.11).  I have also worked
DoD-wide IDS monitoring and incident response (to include malware
analysis - very strong in network traffic analysis also).  I'm
basically the guy you call if your network has been compromised or if
you want to get into a network (with proper authorization of course).
Linux is my preferred OS of choice when doing analysis or pentests of
course.  Also code on the side (have some stuff in Metasploit and in
the App Store for the iPhone).

My background is pretty solid - experience, degree and relevant certs
and I am due to retire from the Navy in about 18 months.  Most likely
I will take a civilian position on base here or at Yokota, but I'm
curious as to what the information security market is like salary-wise
up in Tokyo for someone with my background.  Also curious how hard it
is to break into consulting work on the side in this area.

Went to AV Tokyo last year, had a blast and got a stack of business
cards, but my Japanese is pretty horrible (I do speak Korean though
FWIW).  I'm looking at going to a language school for 2-3 months after
I retire to get my basic proficiency up.  My wife is about to test for
JLPT level II and has been hounding me to actually spend some time
studying...

Anyways, any recommendations or insights would be appreciated.  I'm
hoping to do a presentation at AV Tokyo this year on wireless
honypotting with Linux this year - maybe a good talk for a TLUG meet?

Cheers,
Mario