Re: [tlug] SUSE wipeout! (Add /home partition in Ubuntu)

On 06/19/2011 09:29 AM, Josh Glover wrote:
Is Unity GNOME underneath, or is it Yet Another Linux Desktop That
Will Finally Lure Those Windows And Mac Users Over (YALDTWFLTWAMUO,
pronounced "yald-twiffle-twa-mow")?
I have heard that Ubuntu is moving away from GNOME because of some kind of difference between Mr. Shuttleworth and the GNOME developers but can't seem to find anything on it on-line.  Does anyone know what's actually going on?

I tried Unity for only about 5 minutes and didn't like it.  It takes up too much space on the desktop and shows me too many options I don't want and won't use.  I went back to 'classic' as soon as I figured out how to.  My big problem is that I like mouse-over to select the active window and they have options on the top panel that are associated with the active window and these two philosophies conflict.

Steve S.