Re: [tlug] The wrong kanji has returned (Stephen J. Turnbull)

On 5 June 2011 11:24, Travis Cardwell <travis.cardwell@example.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
>> BTW, remind me which kanji is giving you a glyph problem?
>
> The character in Dave's screenshot is U+8996 (視):
> http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=8996

Thanks.

It helps to remember that the left side of kanji such as 視, 礼, 祀,
etc. can also be written 示. For something like 祫 it shows up that way
in my Gnome terminal, but in Firefox  it's the simpler form. You get used to it.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University