Re: [tlug] [OT] transition firefox greasemonkey scripts to google chrome extensions

Hi Christian.

    I've never had any luck any using a greasemonkey script .. the fact they install clearly shows that there is supposed to be some compatibility, but I don't know what that is.

    A lead developer for Chrome extensions is the original the guy who made Greasemonkey for Firefox, b.t.w. If Greasemonkey-related scripts are still blocked from doing certain operations in Chrome by now I assume its For A Good Reason (TM) and it's not going to change.

    Knowing what I do of the APIs for extensions in Firefox and Chrome, there's no way there could be a compatibility layer. But you know what? Chrome extensions are easy. If you were only thinking about something a greasemonkey script could do, and you already know _javascript_, it'll be a piece of cake.

Cheers,

Akira