[tlug] The wrong kanji has returned

TLUG,

I had this problem a while back:

http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1012/msg00041.html

... unfortunately, the problem has returned, and the fix that worked last time is not working this time.

If you look at this image:

http://autotelic.com/Screenshot.png

... you will see that the larger kanji is the correct kanji for "visual, vision." However, the kanji in the small blue box (generated by Rikaichan), is what I am seeing on a number of web sites and other contexts.

The incorrect kanji, as far as I know, is some Chinese version. I have never intentionally installed any Chinese fonts or options on my computer. I'm strictly English and Japanese for all my UI and input.

This is the one instance I know for sure the kanji being displayed is incorrect. I can not be confident as to whether or not other kanji are slightly wrong.

Given that I am (eternally) studying kanji, this is a huge problem.

This seems to be a FireFox only problem, though I'm not 100% sure. Chrome seems to be displaying the right kanji.

I have tried to set my font options in FireFox to use the "meiryo" font, and yet I'm still seeing this problem. Other than setting the fonts, I'm not sure what else I can do.

How do I get FireFox to stop messing with my fonts?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G