Re: [tlug] Dropbox

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:19:57PM +0900, Charles Muller wrote:

> I don't get it. Why would a group of people, most of whom have server
> access and the skills to write their own scripts using other kinds of
> synchronization tools need something like this?

I think because dropbox is already there and apparently noone was keen
enough on a free version of it to kick a project off?

I did not use dropbox until now because I dislike
- that the code is closed
- that I can not host the service for myself

Webdav over https could serve as a poor replacement, but the
'caching on the client' part is missing.

Christian