Re: [tlug] how to compile a C program without main() ?

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Pier Fumagalli <pier@example.com> wrote:

> You can find the "nocache" script (wich preloads the library) here:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/enrico/nocache.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/master;hb=refs/heads/master

> And from Edward's mail (the first reply):
> # git clone git://git.debian.org/users/enrico/nocache.git
> # cd nocache
> # make
> # ./nocache tar zxf foo.tar.gz

Dear Pier, Akira, Edward,

Many thanks gentlemen, for the excellent advice (& solutions!). I'll
definitely try the git repo now and report back.
Note: I thought the Google project looked a bit more complicated so I
did not want to look into that if a simpler program could do the job
initially. But I did browse the code a bit since it it definitely
interesting, as you say.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug