Re: [tlug] Erratic Rsync Behavior

Jim Tittsler wrote:

On 28/04/11 00:22, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
I don't see anything unusual in your rsync command.  If you are
rsyncing internationally, I suppose Jim T could be right (it's a
one-off, or rather an annual event, due to admin screwage around
daylight saving time).  However AFAIK this shouldn't affect a
correctly configured computer with a reliable system clock (DST and
time zone itself affect display to humans, but internally, including
filesystem timestamps, it's just a count of seconds), and of course it

FAT stores time with a granularity of 2 seconds... and so it is (or at
least was) necessary to use --modify-window=1 to accommodate that when
rsyncing to/from a Unix machine.  (Perhaps that is built into modern
rsyncs?)  I was only guessing that there was another 3600 seconds of
uncertainty a couple of times of year.

In any case, the same problem occurs in rsyncing to a my local Tokyo server, so I don't think it is a physical time lag issue.

I'll figure it out eventually.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan

http://www.acmuller.net