Re: [tlug] Thunderbird loud beep, or is it gnome?

On 2011-04-28 12:35, Darren Cook wrote:
> *: E.g. pressing N to go to next message and it asks me about going to
> the next folder. In fact I've realized this might be the only place it
> does this particular beep; e.g. when thunderbird prompts for a password
> it does not make a sound.

I set Thunderbird not to show that dialog box by using the config
editor to set mailnews.nav_crosses_folders to 2... and I change
folders from the keyboard using the must have Nostalgy extension.

# mailnews.nav_crosses_folders
# 0 - Always go to the next folder without prompting
# 1 - Ask before going (default behavior)
# 2 - Don't prompt and don't go to the next folder with unread

Of course, the fact that I am replying to your footnote is a giveaway
that I don't know the answer to your real question. :-)

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Te Anau, NZ        GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/