Re: [tlug] Any HDD damage in 4/11 or subsequent quakes?

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
> Was that 3/11?

Right - I guess I haven't gotten my mind around the fact that it's
been over a month now.

> I haven't heard much damage, but I know a lot of people/companies are
> trying to get the
> data out of their flooded HDDs from the tsunami areas.

Ah... from what I've heard from data recovery services, I think the
internal disks (within the hard drive case) are likely to be okay.
But in the mangle of wrecked buildings, it's got to be difficult to
identify which machine belongs to who.