[tlug] New Install Text Colo(u)r Problem

I have a new OS installed, too ...

I tried Debian 6.0 KDE 32-bit in a VBox and it worked great. I liked it a lot better than Xubuntu amd64, which I had been using. So, I mirrored my existing desktop on to a USB HDD and did a net install of Debian 6.0 amd64. I tried out the Gnome, KDE, and XFCE versions, finding it to be a totally different OS than the 32-bit version ... a complete pig ... and not the upgrade I thought it would be. It hid all updaters, software sources, and package lists; it would not allow my User to use "sudo;" and kept shutting off hardware (sound and camera, in particular) and asking me to uninstall drivers.

So, my HDD has a shiny new install of Kubuntu amd64, which worked right off the DVD. All of my existing files and settings dropped straight in. iBus worked for me immediately but I have two indicators shown. One works. I have both my Android and WIN XP VBoxes back and both seem to load and run faster, now.

Two smallish problems, though:

1. In Claws Mail all of my HTML mail text that should be black comes out red. All other colors are the right ones. Does anyone know whether this is a KDE or a Claws issue? I can't find a text color setting that seems to work just for HTML. I am not having this problem in T-Bird or Firefox.

2. All of the links work, but the new window pops under the existing page instead of over. I just know there's a way to fix this, but looking through all of the KDE setup pages is not being informative. I am probably seeing the right command but looking straight through it.

--
CL