Re: [tlug] Pulse counter over RS232

Kalin KOZHUHAROV kirjoitti 18.4.2011 kello 3.21:
> Hello,
> Are there any data logging kids here?
>
> As part of a DIY Geiger counter logging backend, I'd like to read
> properly formatted pulses over RS232 on my box (and later on my
> Gumstix).

Hi Kalin,

Do you mean there's no data protocol, but you just want to read some data value(s) ?

> Any idea/software on how to do that?
>
> I have seen http://geiger.sourceforge.net/ but after some tinkering it
> is still not working.

I've done similar stuff, and basically with the c program above you should get some output.

You can start by verifying the serial speed and parity set in the program  matches what the device is set to.

Cheers,
Henri