Re: [tlug] git and sub-directories

Darren Cook writes:

 > Thanks for the reply Stephen. Delay in replying is as I wanted to study
 > a bit more git in the hope of understanding your reply. I think I've
 > just about got it, but in the end I used git log in each directory and
 > decided to just recommit the most recent file from the top directory, then:
 >    rm -rf settings/.git
 >
 > I only lost three commit comments and I decided I could live without them.

If that works for you, it's good enough.  Since you're recommitting
anyway, you could always mash them into a single commit message.
(Presumably not worth it now, but something to remember for whan
you're old and wise and giving good git advice to others. :-)

 > BTW, how do I post a bug report for git? After 10 minutes of googling
 > the closet I've got is posts by two other people complaining they cannot
 > find out how either.

I don't think git has a bug tracker; report bugs and wishes directly
to the devlopers' list: git@example.com